Connect with us

Entertainment

Anthony Joshua set to battle Tyson Fury after reaching 2 fight deal 

Published

on

Anthony Joshua 2 fight deal Tyson Fury

Anthony Joshua set to battle Tyson Fury after reaching 2 fight deal

Anthony Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn has affirmed that his client has reached an agreement to challenge countryman Tyson Fury in the much-awaited unification fight.

Both Britons are in possession of all the belt in their category, with the Gypsy King recently laying his hands on the silverware.

The 31-year-old demolished Deontay Wilder in their second meeting earlier this year to be crowned the new WBC champion.

However, Sky Sports report that the British rivals have finalised a two-fight deal initial term, says Eddie Hearn.

“We’re making great progress,” Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn exclusively told Sky Sports News.

 

“There is still a lot to overcome. We are looking at venues and dates.

“We have the Dillian Whyte mandatory which is due before this fight. “It’s fair to say [Joshua and Fury] are in agreement regarding the financial terms of the fight.

“We’ve been talking to [Fury’s management team] MTK, giving them the assurances from Joshua’s side that all the details on the structure of the deal is approved from our side. And it is from Fury’s side, as well.

“We’re in a good place. It’s fair to say that, in principle, both guys have agreed to that fight. Two fights.

ALSO READ:

 

“[There’s] a lot to overcome in the meantime. We’re moving in the right direction. I’m confident that both guys have given their blessing for the fight to go ahead.

“There is a big period of time where Whyte should get his shot at the title. That’s important to us.

“The main positive news is that Joshua and Fury have agreed to a two-fight deal, in essence.

“The most difficult part of any deal is the financial element. I believe we’re in a great place where both guys have agreed to what that should be.

“We have not signed contracts because there are still things to be worked out.

“We’re pushing towards a place where they can be drafted, for 2021.

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Desmond Ovbiagele’s ‘The Milkmaid’ Emerges as Nigeria’s Official Oscar Submission for 2021

Published

on

By

Nigeria's Official Selection Committee (For the Academy Awards® IFF Submissions) has confirmed Desmond Ovbiagele's 'The Milkmaid' as Nigeria's official 2021 submission.

Nigeria’s Official Selection Committee (For the Academy Awards® IFF Submissions) has confirmed Desmond Ovbiagele’s ‘The Milkmaid’ as Nigeria’s official 2021 submission.

The selection committee confirmed this on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 while revealing that it beat three other films in the final voting stage.

Click to Watch Our YouTube Videos

Contending films include ‘Ibi’ (The Birth), ‘Voiceless’, ‘Eyimofe’, ‘Sanitation Day’ and the Mo Abudu produced ‘Oloture’.

‘The Milkmaid’ explores the harsh reality of insurgency in Northern Nigeria using the story of two Fulani sisters, Aisha and Zainab who get kidnapped by insurgents. It stars Anthonieta Kalunta, Maryam Booth, and Gambo Usman Kona.

Already a trendsetter, ‘The Milkmaid’ has eight nominations at this year’s Africa Movie Academy Awards including the Best film category.

Incase You Missed:

Israel approves equipment to boost Nigeria’s war against Coronavirus Pandemic

 NOSC Confirms Approval of Pidgin English as Foreign Language

House of Rep to pass Petroleum Industry Bill March 2021

Hoodlums Vandalism:FG to Commence Investigations

INDIA SETS GLOBAL RECORD WITH 78,761 SINGLE-DAY RISE IN COVID-19 CASES

British Airways has apologised after tweeting its support for the England rugby team

Buhari Directs Compulsory Health Insurance for Youth Corp Members

President Buhari Urges Nigerians to be Wary of Divisive Actions

 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Popular Twitter influencer, Motaraa shared a video of her mocking a child

Published

on

Popular Twitter influencer, Motaraa

Popular Twitter influencer, Motaraa shared a video of her mocking a child who was begging her for money for food.

The influencer was seen in the video mocking the child with the drink she was sipping and this caused many to call her out.

Click to Watch Our YouTube Videos

As a result of the video she posted, she has lost her endorsement with Brothers keeper, the maker of the fearless energy drink she held in the video.
The drink company released a statement to inform the public that she was no longer a member of the company and would not continue as their Public Relations Officer(PRO) as what she did was ‘dehumanizing and degrading’.
She has since apologized for her actions.

Read Also:

COVID- 19: Pastor Adeboye showers prayers on health workers, security personnel (video) (Opens in a new browser tab)

Chinese Tiktok Invites African Entrepreneurs to Join Elevator Pitch Event(Opens in a new browser tab)

Gang rape and murder of student sparks anger in Nigeria(Opens in a new browser tab)

UNICEF, South Sudan launch campaign to tackle child marriage(Opens in a new browser tab)

N81.41bn Spends on Refineries, Refined No Crude-NNPC(Opens in a new browser tab)

N81.41bn Spends on Refineries, Refined No Crude-NNPC(Opens in a new browser tab)

Paystack $200 Million Acquisition(Opens in a new browser tab)

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Drake: Grammys are losing their relevance

Published

on

Grammys are losing their relevance

Drake Is The Latest Artist To Question The Relevance The Grammys’

The popular Canadian pop star, Drake openly supports his colleague, The Weeknd over his comment about the Grammy Awards.

Drake posted a message of support for The Weeknd on his Instagram story.

Drake’s message came after The Weeknd alleges that “the Grammys remain corrupt” after getting shut out of 2021 Grammy nominations that were announced on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, The Weeknd tweeted, “The Grammys remain corrupt. You owe me, my fans and the industry transparency.”

Drake wrote, “I think we should stop allowing ourselves to be shocked every year by the disconnect between impactful music and these awards and just accept that what once was the highest form of recognition may no longer matter to the artists that exist now and the ones that come after. It’s like a relative you keep expecting to fix up but they just can’t change their ways,”.

Click to Watch Our YouTube Videos

The pop star emphasized that he was among many music fans who expected The Weeknd’s colossal 2020 album, After Hours, which featured songs like, “Heartless” and “Blinding Lights,” to be a major awards contender.

In his (Drake) post, some artists who were ignored by the Academy, like Popcaan, Lil Baby, the late Pop and PartyNextDoor Smoke were tagged. Drake also added, “Too many missing names to even name,”.

Drake’s message was reposted by The Weeknd, Nicki Minaj and others on their own Instagram pages. Nicki had also shared her own frustrations about the Grammys this week.

The Recording Academy interim president and CEO Harvey Mason Jr. released a statement later that day in response to The Weeknd’s remarks.

 

Read Also:

COVID-19: Oyo state recovery cases rise to Seventeen.(Opens in a new browser tab)

Breaking: Music legend “The Rainmaker” Majek Fashek is dead (Opens in a new browser tab)

Chimamanda Adichie Bags Shorty Awards Literature Prize in New York(Opens in a new browser tab)

“I Never Denied Being Part of the #EndSARS Protest ’’- Davido(Opens in a new browser tab)

Why I joined Arsenal – Aubameyang(Opens in a new browser tab)

Army – Wanted Militia Leader Gana Killed in Benue State(Opens in a new browser tab)

Thugs Set Apapa Iganmu Police Station in Lagos on Fire(Opens in a new browser tab)

Continue Reading
COVID-19 PREVENTION

infectious diseases in your community. It is very important to wash your hand frequently with soap under running water.

COVID-19 IS REAL

#COVID19NIGERIA Situation Report

The #COVID19Nigeria situation report for 21st July, 2020 has been published. Our daily reports provide a summary of the epidemiological situation & response activities in Nigeria

The #COVID19Nigeria situation report for 21st July, 2020 has been published. Our daily reports provide a summary of the epidemiological situation & response activities in Nigeria

@Africa CDC

The African Union and Africa CDC will virtually rollout the Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing (PACT) in Africa tomorrow 4 June, 2020 at 11.00 am Eastern Africa Time.

The African Union and Africa CDC will virtually rollout the Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing (PACT) in Africa tomorrow 4 June, 2020 at 11.00 am Eastern Africa Time.

GALLANT OFFICER

Gallant Officer
"Also found worthy of honour was Bashir Abubakar, an Asst Comptroller-General of Customs, who rejected a bribe of $412,000 per container offered him by drug traffickers seeking to bring 40 containers of Tramadol into Nigeria. A fine example of incorruptibility, worthy of emulation"

Currency Calculator

Currency Calculator

Amount
From :
To :

Trending