Connect with us

Naija News

Slain Soldiers: Ortom Condoles Buhari, Apologises To Deceased Families

Published

on

The remains of the twelve soldiers killed by local bandits at Bonta Village in Konshisha Local Government Area of Benue State last week were on Monday committed to mother earth at the Military Cemetery, Wurukum in Makurdi, the Benue State capital.

Eleven soldiers and one officer, Captain Adeolu Adebayo were killed while on a peace mission to the troubled Bonta Village in Benue State on Easter Monday.

In his oration, Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom condoled with the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), and the Chief of Army Staff over the death of twelve military personnel.

Ortom also apologised to the families of the slain soldiers.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

The governor vowed that his government would collaborate with security agencies to ensure that all the perpetrators of the act were apprehended and brought to book.

The governor regretted the soldiers had to die in the hands of the militias while trying to maintain peace in the troubled areas in the state.

“I condole Mr. President who is the Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces, the Chief of Army Staff and indeed the leadership of our security forces in the country.

“On behalf of government and people of Benue State, we condemn the killing of our innocent soldiers who were out there to keep peace in our state.

“It is unfortunate that this incident took place. I want the Nigerian army, the families of the deceased and indeed all Nigerians to know that the attack on security personnel is an attack on all.

“This attack was unwarranted, it was not needed because all these patriotic soldiers were there to keep peace and that was why they were ambushed. Otherwise, we all know what soldiers can do and the capacity they have to defend themselves.

“So we condemn this and we want to assure everyone that my government will join hands with the security forces to ensure that all those who perpetrated this sad act are brought to book.

“I equally want to apologize to the bereaved families. In the course of my trying to manage this challenge, if I said anything that was offensive to the families of the deceased, I want to say that I am sorry.

“As a leader, I needed to say something, the people needed to hear from me, and as at the time that I made the comment that it was two soldiers that were missing, it was based on the information that was made available to me.

“But all the same, please I am sorry. It is the responsibility of this government to also join hands with the leadership of the army to see how we can support the bereaved families. May God reset their peaceful souls,” Governor Ortom said.

Among those present at the burial were Commander of Operation Whirl Stroke, Maj. Gen. Adeyemi Yekini, the Commanding Officer, 72 Battalion, military personnel as well as family members of the deceased soldiers.

At the funeral service conducted by Chaplain of 73 Battalion, Major Ibrahim Mavisky and Imam, Captain AA Bashir, concurred that there was time for everything under the sun, “time to be born and time to die, we brought nothing to this world and we shall surely leave with nothing.”

They noted that the fallen heroes were peacemakers who went out not for evil but for peace and regrettably met their death in the process

“These people died innocently and without any offence. It is the promise of God that each of us has a stipulated time to go. We will all go back to God someday and explain how we lived our lives. God will console the entire Nigerian Army and the immediate families they left behind. “The slain soldiers were out to serve the nation but were cut short. We, therefore, pray for their souls and that God should grant them eternal rest,” they said.

READ ALSO:

Iraq: Twin Suicide Bombing Kills Dozens in Baghdad

Military Kills 75 Terrorists in One Month

South-East Sets Up Joint Security Outfit Codenamed ‘EBUBEAGU’

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Naija News

Immigration Recruitment Exercise Commences

Published

on

The Nigerian Immigration Service has announced the commencement of their recruitment exercise.

In a press release on Monday, the Civil Defense, Correctional Fire, and Immigration Services Board approved the commencement of the NIS 2019/2020 recruitment exercise.

Of all the 45,323 persons that sat for the Computer Based Test, 6,105 persons have been shortlisted by the board to attend the final screening of credentials and physical fitness.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

The shortlisted candidates will be invited for the screening via text and emails on Monday, May 10, 2021.

Applicants are advised to check the official website of the NIS for their names and screening details: exam location and guidelines for the recruitment exercise.

Selected applicants are to print out their invitation slips which will be used to admit them into the screening venue.

According to the release, the screening will commence on May 24, 2021, and does not attract any fee.

Applicants are also advised to tender any complaints and report to the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Crimes Commission (ICPC) or the NIS website.

The release signed by Aisha Ahmed Rufai, the Director/Secretary of the CDCFIB, stressed that applicants whose names do not appear on the website should not visit the venues of the screening exercise.

READ ALSO:

Lagos State Concludes First Dose of COVID-19 Vaccination, Shuts Vaccination Centers

Ugandan Presidential Candidate Calls For Release of Omah Lay, Tems

INEC Begins Nationwide Voter Registration June 28

Continue Reading

Naija News

Nigerian Tweeps Mourn As Adeboye Loses 42-Year-Old-Son

Published

on

Nigerians have taken to Twitter to mourn Dare Adeboye, the son of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye.

It had earlier reported that the third surviving son of the 79-year-old general overseer died in his sleep on Wednesday, at Eket, Akwa–Ibom. He was 42 years old.

Following the incident, many Nigerians have taken to social media to express sadness and condole Adeboye and his wife.

A member of the House of Representatives from Ondo East-West Constituency, Biola Makinde, commiserated with the Adeboye family on the death of their son.

Makinde tweeted, “I commiserate with Pastor Enoch Adeboye, his family and entire members of Redeemed Christian Church of God, on the demise of his son, Dare Adeboye. I send warm embrace to you to give peace and comfort at this difficult moment. You equally have my prayers and positive wishes.”

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

The Nigerian Baptist Convention, via its Twitter page, also sent condolences to the family.

“Our prayer and thoughts are with the family of the General Overseas (Pastor E A Adeboye) and the entire member of RCCG for the loss of his son (Pastor Dare Adeboye). May the Lord console the family and the church of God.”

A tweep, Ugoh Benny, also mourned with the family. “My thoughts and prayers are with Papa E.A Adeboye and the entire RCCG family on the demise of their son. It’s a sad day indeed and may God by his Spirit supply the fortitude to bear this loss,” Benny tweeted.

@damilare4peace tweeted, “No father or mother deserves to bury their child, Daddy and Mummy G.O.’s faith in God is being tested right now. Losing a son at 79 is the most heart-wrenching experience. May Dare Adeboye’s soul find rest and May God comfort Daddy and Mummy G.O.”

@OjoAjinde also sympathised with the entire RCCG family as he tweeted, “I and my family sympathise with the entire Redeemed Family and most especially to Daddy G.O. on the loss of his son (Pst. Dare Adeboye) to eternal bosom of his Master. May God continue to uphold the Adeboyes.”

“May Dare Adeboye’s soul find rest. May God comfort Daddy and Mummy GO,” @truthwiththegods tweeted.

According to @startop30, “My sincere condolences to the family of Pastor Adeboye on the loss of his son, Pastor Dare.

Meanwhile, some tweeps still haven’t come to terms with the fact that Adeboye lost his son.

@kennygee_70 wrote, “Just read that Pastor Adeboye lost his son (still praying it’s a wrong message). May God comfort and console him and the entire family of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, may the hand of death be stayed.”

READ ALSO:

Read What Pastor Adeboye of RCCG Sent to VP Osibanjo

Adeboye, El-Rufai Meet Days After Release Of Kidnapped RCCG Members

President Muhammadu Buhari reacts to the rape & murder of Vera Omozuwa – UNIBEN student

Continue Reading

Naija News

Doctors to discontinue strike, FG begins payments Friday –Gbajabiamila

Published

on

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has said Following an exhaustive meeting with members of the National Association of Resident Doctors, they have hinted that they are ready to suspend their planned resumption of strike on Friday.

A statement issued by the Office of the Speaker said the doctors, at the resumption of the meeting with Gbajabiamila, which began last week, said they would suspend the planned resumption of the strike as soon as they got payment for their salary arrears, ranging from one to five months.

The statement issued by the Special Adviser to the Speaker on Media and Publicity, Lanre Lasisi, said the doctors took the position after the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, said funds were available for the payment, while assuring that her ministry would pay immediately a verified list of the beneficiaries was received.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

According to the statement, when the Director-General of the Budget Office of the Federation, Mr Ben Akabueze, who was one of the stakeholders at the meeting, confirmed that his office was in receipt of the list, the minister gave her word that payment would be made by May 7.

The statement was titled ‘Resident doctors hint at suspension of planned strike…after exhaustive meeting with Gbajabiamila.’

The resident doctors had on April 1, 2021, embarked on an indefinite strike, making demands that included non-payment of house officers, abolishment of bench fees, non-payment of national minimum wage, salary shortfall for 2014, 2015 and 2016, residency training allowance, and payment of resident doctors on GIFMIS platform.

All the issues raised by the doctors were resolved, except that of salary shortfall for 2014, 2015 and 2016. The issue involves all health workers with a cost implication of about N23bn, which the Minister of State for Health, Sen. Olorunnimbe Mamora, described as “huge and complicated.”

Also, there were claims that a case on the matter was before a court, which the Speaker asked the Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, to produce the relevant court papers to back the claim as the resident doctors said their checks revealed there was no pending court case anywhere on the matter.

It was then agreed jointly by the doctors, the House led by the Speaker and officials of the ministry of health that the matter should be set aside until court papers were provided.

Others present at the meeting, which lasted up to late Tuesday evening, were the Deputy Minority Leader, Toby Okechukwu; Minority Whip, Gideon Gwani; Chairman, House Committee on Healthcare Services, Tanko Sununu, among others.

On the part of the Executive arm were Dr Ehanire; Head of Service of the Federation, Mrs Folasade Yemi-Esan; Chairman of the Committee of CMDs, Dr Jafaru Momoh; the NARD President, Dr Okhuaihesuyi Uyilawa, among others.

READ ALSO:

President Buhari is keen on Tackling Numerous Security Challenges -NSA

FG Okays N8.9bn Hazard Allowance for Health Workers

NARD Orders Covid-19 Doctors to Join Strike, Threatens N5m Fine

Continue Reading
COVID-19 PREVENTION

infectious diseases in your community. It is very important to wash your hand frequently with soap under running water.

COVID-19 IS REAL

#COVID19NIGERIA Situation Report

The #COVID19Nigeria situation report for 21st July, 2020 has been published. Our daily reports provide a summary of the epidemiological situation & response activities in Nigeria

The #COVID19Nigeria situation report for 21st July, 2020 has been published. Our daily reports provide a summary of the epidemiological situation & response activities in Nigeria

@Africa CDC

The African Union and Africa CDC will virtually rollout the Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing (PACT) in Africa tomorrow 4 June, 2020 at 11.00 am Eastern Africa Time.

The African Union and Africa CDC will virtually rollout the Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing (PACT) in Africa tomorrow 4 June, 2020 at 11.00 am Eastern Africa Time.

GALLANT OFFICER

Gallant Officer
"Also found worthy of honour was Bashir Abubakar, an Asst Comptroller-General of Customs, who rejected a bribe of $412,000 per container offered him by drug traffickers seeking to bring 40 containers of Tramadol into Nigeria. A fine example of incorruptibility, worthy of emulation"

Trending