Connect with us

Security

YERIMA TAKES OVER AS NEW ARMY SPOKESMAN

Published

on

NEW ARMY SPOKESMAN

Upon his redeployment as the New Director Army Public Relations, Brig. Gen. Mohammed Yerima on Wednesday took over over office from his predecessor.
Yerima Takes over from Brig. Gen. Sagir Musa who assumed the office in February 2019 and now redeployed to the Nigerian Army Training Center, Kontagora in Niger State.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
The new Spokesman who was one time the Director of Defence Information was until his new redeployment the Deputy Director Reserve at the Defence Headquarters.
Enrolled into the Army in October 1989, Yerima is a graduate of Political Science from the Ahmadu Bello University.
The Spokesman looks forward to effective engagement with the media to defeat those he describe as enemies of the state through accurate Information.
Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai – Nigeria Is Safer Now Than Five Years Ago (Opens in a new browser tab)

NYSC DG speaks on corps members receiving gifts from politicians(Opens in a new browser tab)

Gov. El-Rufai Receives 300 Female Soldiers Deployed to Secure Kaduna-Abuja Highway(Opens in a new browser tab)

FG Explains Delay in Payment of MDAs’ October Salaries(Opens in a new browser tab)

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Security

Kidnapped Zamfara Schoolgirls Released

Published

on

Pope Condemns Mass Abduction Of Nigeria Schoolgirls

The kidnapped schoolgirls of Government Secondary School in Jangebe, Zamfara State have been released and are currently in the palace of the Emir of Anka waiting for transportation to Gusau, the state capital.

A very competent source had informed Sunday PUNCH on Saturday that negotiations with the bandits who kidnapped the schoolgirls had reached a very advanced stage, saying “they may be in Gusau today.”
The girls who were kidnapped on Friday were believed to have been taken to a forest by bandits who reportedly disguised as security personnel.
The girls were reportedly kept in the forest between Dangulbi and Sabon Birnin Banaga in the Maru Local Government Area of Zamfara State.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

The incident was the latest mass kidnapping for ransom by armed gangs in the North in recent weeks.
A week earlier, bandits had kidnapped dozens of pupils and workers of Government Science College in Kagara, Niger State.
The abductees were released on Saturday.
Bandits had also last December kidnapped over 300 schoolboys from Government Science Secondary School in Kankara, Katsina State.
The state government which had earlier expressed optimism that the girls would return soon, however, refused to either confirm or deny the rumours that it reached a truce with the abductors concerning their release.

Read Also:

Ondo Declares Holiday as Akeredolu’s Inauguration Holds Today(Opens in a new browser tab)

Conducting WAEC Examinations Amidst COVID-19 Spread(Opens in a new browser tab)

Emir of Kaura Namoda is Dead, at 71 Years of Age(Opens in a new browser tab)

Continue Reading

Security

Police begin rescue operations for abducted Zamfara school girls

Published

on

Pope Condemns Mass Abduction Of Nigeria Schoolgirls

The Police say they have started a coordinated search-and-rescue operation for the 300 students of Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, Zamfara, Abducted by gunmen on Friday.

The Force Police Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, made the statement on Friday in Abuja.

Mba said the search-and-rescue operation, involving the deployment of both ground and aerial assets, was aimed at locating and rescuing the students.

He said the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, had ordered the immediate deployment of two operational surveillance helicopters to Zamfara.

He added that the deployment was a reinforcement for personnel of “Operation Puff Adder II’’ earlier deployed in the state.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

Mba said the move was to support the Police Command in Zamfara to combat banditry, kidnapping and other related crimes.

The police spokesman said Adamu condemned the barbaric and callous abduction of the innocent female students.

He pledged that the police and other security forces would not relent until the abducted students were successfully rescued and reunited with their families.

Mba said the joint rescue operation was being carried out by the police, the military and other members of the law enforcement community with support from Zamfara State government and other stakeholders.

He called for calm and enjoined the public, particularly the people of Zamfara, not to hesitate in availing the Police and the law enforcement community with useful information that could assist in the rescue of the schoolgirls.

Read Also:

Oil Rebound Takes the Edge Off Covid-19 Slump in Nigeria(Opens in a new browser tab)

Troops of Operation Accord Arrest Suspected Bandits in Zamfara State(Opens in a new browser tab)

FG subsidises electricity by N50bn monthly, says minister(Opens in a new browser tab)

Outgoing Area Controller Hands Over Reins as New CAC Takes Over(Opens in a new browser tab)

Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun Resigns [Report](Opens in a new browser tab)

Continue Reading

Security

Chief Of Air Staff Orders Investigation Into Military Plane Crash In Abuja

Published

on

Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Vice Marshal Oladayo Amao, has ordered an investigation into the military plane crash that led to the death of seven persons.

The said Air Force plane, a Beechcraft King Air B350i crashed on Sunday while returning to Abuja Airport after reporting engine failure en-route Minna, the Niger State capital.

Confirming the development, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) spokesman, Air Vice Marshal Ibikunle Daramola in a brief communique stated that all seven personnel aboard the craft died in the crash.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

The NAF spokesman further stated that the Chief of Air Staff AVM Oladayo Amao urged the general public to remain calm and await the outcome of the investigation.

The CAS also commiserated with the families of the deceased.

Read Also:

Chief Obasanjo congratulates Ghana elect president.(Opens in a new browser tab)

Buhari appoints fresh hands after Service Chiefs Resigned(Opens in a new browser tab)

NIMC Staff Suspends Proposed Strike(Opens in a new browser tab)

Court Grants Sowore N20million Bail(Opens in a new browser tab)

Continue Reading
COVID-19 PREVENTION

infectious diseases in your community. It is very important to wash your hand frequently with soap under running water.

COVID-19 IS REAL

#COVID19NIGERIA Situation Report

The #COVID19Nigeria situation report for 21st July, 2020 has been published. Our daily reports provide a summary of the epidemiological situation & response activities in Nigeria

The #COVID19Nigeria situation report for 21st July, 2020 has been published. Our daily reports provide a summary of the epidemiological situation & response activities in Nigeria

@Africa CDC

The African Union and Africa CDC will virtually rollout the Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing (PACT) in Africa tomorrow 4 June, 2020 at 11.00 am Eastern Africa Time.

The African Union and Africa CDC will virtually rollout the Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing (PACT) in Africa tomorrow 4 June, 2020 at 11.00 am Eastern Africa Time.

GALLANT OFFICER

Gallant Officer
"Also found worthy of honour was Bashir Abubakar, an Asst Comptroller-General of Customs, who rejected a bribe of $412,000 per container offered him by drug traffickers seeking to bring 40 containers of Tramadol into Nigeria. A fine example of incorruptibility, worthy of emulation"

Trending