Connect with us

Foreign

Six Malian Soldiers Killed in Complex and Simultaneous Attacks

Published

on

Six Malian Soldiers Killed

Army says coordinated twin assaults also left 18 troops wounded, with some 30 assailants killed in military response
At least six Malian soldiers have been killed in two “complex and simultaneous” attacks in Mali’s conflict-wracked centre, according to the military.
The coordinated assault took place at about 3am (03:00 GMT) on Sunday in the villages of Boulkessi and Mondoro in the Mopti region, near the country’s border with Burkina Faso.

Click to Watch Our YouTube Videos
“The provisional toll is six dead and 18 wounded” among the soldiers, the army said in a statement, adding that the attacks prompted a military response which left “around 30 dead on the terrorist side”.
Some 40 motorcycles and a large amount of military gear were seized from the attackers, it added.
It was not immediately clear who was behind the attacks.

Read Also:

CHILD MARRIAGE, ITS CAUSES AND EFFECT – ENOCH ABRAHAM(Opens in a new browser tab)

NIN deadline stands, as NCC awaits govt’s advice(Opens in a new browser tab)

Three Arrested In Kaduna For Allegedly Spreading Fake News Of Impending Attack(Opens in a new browser tab)

Niger Delta Militants Resumes Attacks on Pipelines(Opens in a new browser tab)

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Foreign

Libya’s Interior Minister Escapes Assassination Attempt

Published

on

Libya’s Interior Minister Escapes Assassination Attempt

The powerful interior minister of Libya’s unity government survived an assassination attempt Sunday on a highway near the capital Tripoli.
Fathi Bashagha’s convoy “was fired on from an armoured car while he was on the highway. His police escort returned fire. Two of the assailants were arrested and a third is in hospital,” the source said, adding that “the minister is fine”.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Bashagha, a heavyweight in Libyan politics, was returning from a routine visit to a new security unit overseen by his department, the same source said.
The 58-year-old has served as interior minister in the North African country’s UN-recognised Government of National Accord since 2018 and has staked his reputation on battling corruption.
Libya has been riven by violence since a 2011 NATO-backed uprising that toppled and killed dictator Moamer Kadhafi.
Two rival administrations, backed by an array of militias and foreign powers, have vied for control of the oil-rich country.
Bashagha had been seen as a favourite to lead a new interim government under UN-led peace efforts following an October ceasefire last year.
The post finally went to businessman Abdul Hamid Dbeibah, a 61-year-old engineer, who has called for reconstruction, democracy and reunification in Libya.

Read Also:

FG subsidises electricity by N50bn monthly, says minister(Opens in a new browser tab)

Military Reforms, Minister Sets Up Committee(Opens in a new browser tab)

Lai Mohammed, Criticising Zamfara Gov For Granting Amnesty To Bandits(Opens in a new browser tab)

Continue Reading

Foreign

U.S. Sanctions Inflicted $1 Trillion Damage On Iran’s Economy-Foreign Minister

Published

on

U.S. Sanctions Inflicted $1 Trillion Damage On Iran’s Economy-Foreign Minister

Iran’s foreign minister has said Unilateral sanctions imposed by the United States inflicted $1 trillion worth of damage on its economy and Tehran expects compensation.

Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Sunday after the US takes action to restore Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal with world powers through lifting sanctions, Tehran will want to negotiate on the damages it has suffered.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

Trump unilaterally abandoned the nuclear deal in 2018 and imposed harsh, comprehensive sanctions that targeted all the sectors of Iran’s economy

According to Zarif, Trump re-imposed 800 sanctions that were put on Iran before the nuclear deal and imposed 800 new ones, all of which need to be lifted before the US can return to the deal.

Read Also:

Barack Obama Might Be the Next UK Ambassador(Opens in a new browser tab)

Nagorno-Karabakh ceasefire breached with conflict under way(Opens in a new browser tab)

Anthony Joshua set to battle Tyson Fury after reaching 2 fight deal (Opens in a new browser tab)

ONORIODE ODAH Vows To Score More After Debut Goal At Hadera FC(Opens in a new browser tab)

FG Planning, NIN To Replace BVN–Minister(Opens in a new browser tab)

Continue Reading

Foreign

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle Expecting Second Child

Published

on

Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, are about to become a family of four.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting their second child together, the couple announced on Sunday. The baby will be the younger sibling to the couple’s son Archie Harrison, who will turn two on May 6.
“We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child,” a spokesperson for the couple said.

Meghan and Harry announced their pregnancy news with a stunning black-and-white photo that was taken remotely via iPad by their friend and longtime photographer, Misan Harriman.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
The Duchess of Sussex wears a flowing dress by Carolina Herrera that was first made when she was pregnant with Archie. Meghan has a longtime rapport with the brand’s creative director, Wes Gordon.
The happy news — which they shared on Valentine’s Day — comes after Meghan, 39, revealed she suffered a miscarriage last July.
Meghan and Harry, 36, officially stepped down from their roles as senior royals last year. Their desire to have a normal family life played a role in their groundbreaking decision. A palace source previously told PEOPLE that by the time of Archie’s birth, “they knew they were going to hit the nuclear button” on their royal exit.
When Archie was born, the couple’s focus shifted even more to “doing what’s right for their family,” added another friend.
In the summer of 2019, the Duke of Sussex revealed that he and his wife wanted a “maximum” of two children.

Read Also:

FG Launches New Social, Health Insurance Programme(Opens in a new browser tab)

Husband And His Wife Kidnapped In Delta State(Opens in a new browser tab)

Jon Huber, known to WWE fans as Luke Harper, passes away(Opens in a new browser tab)

Burundi ex-president dies of COVID-19(Opens in a new browser tab)

Professor Cheung Kie-Chung kills wife, body stuffed in suitcase(Opens in a new browser tab)

Buhari, Governors Attend Damilola Osinbajo’s Private Wedding [PHOTOS](Opens in a new browser tab)

Continue Reading
COVID-19 PREVENTION

infectious diseases in your community. It is very important to wash your hand frequently with soap under running water.

COVID-19 IS REAL

#COVID19NIGERIA Situation Report

The #COVID19Nigeria situation report for 21st July, 2020 has been published. Our daily reports provide a summary of the epidemiological situation & response activities in Nigeria

The #COVID19Nigeria situation report for 21st July, 2020 has been published. Our daily reports provide a summary of the epidemiological situation & response activities in Nigeria

@Africa CDC

The African Union and Africa CDC will virtually rollout the Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing (PACT) in Africa tomorrow 4 June, 2020 at 11.00 am Eastern Africa Time.

The African Union and Africa CDC will virtually rollout the Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing (PACT) in Africa tomorrow 4 June, 2020 at 11.00 am Eastern Africa Time.

GALLANT OFFICER

Gallant Officer
"Also found worthy of honour was Bashir Abubakar, an Asst Comptroller-General of Customs, who rejected a bribe of $412,000 per container offered him by drug traffickers seeking to bring 40 containers of Tramadol into Nigeria. A fine example of incorruptibility, worthy of emulation"

Trending