Connect with us

Naija News

Boko Haram: 6 killed, 11 abducted in Adamawa

Published

on

Soldiers Captured By Boko Haram

Six people including a police officer were reportedly killed in the aftermath of an attack in Garkida town of Gombi Local Government Area of Adamawa State in northeast Nigeria.

It was also reported that eleven youths were abducted by the attackers who looted food and medicine stores in the town.

NCBN On PlayStore

ncbn android

NCBN on AppStore

ios

The attackers also burnt down construction vehicles and houses during the onslaught.

According to residents, they were forced to flee the town into the mountainous areas.

A resident who identified herself as Rebecca disclosed that the insurgents stormed the town when the people were making last minutes’ preparations for Christmas.

Residents of Garkida said they hid in the mountain and watched the terrorists engage in fierce battle with the Army and the vigilantes. “We could see them also packing cartons of drugs from the hospital store. Moments later, we saw fighter jets dropping bombs and neutralising them.

There has been no official confirmation from the police or the military, but sources said that three air force fighter jets have been on routine bombardment of the areas as they continue to attack the insurgents.

Read Also:

Customs: Patrol Officers of Kano/Jigawa Area Command Attacked(Opens in a new browser tab)

Senator Gobir Said Foreign Soldiers Are Saving Nigerians From Bandits.(Opens in a new browser tab)

Many feared dead as tanker explodes in Lokoja(Opens in a new browser tab)

Ugandan Presidential Candidate Calls For Release of Omah Lay, Tems(Opens in a new browser tab)

DHQ Dismisses Claims by Boko Haram Over Massacre of Rice Farmers in Zabarmari, Borno State(Opens in a new browser tab)

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Naija News

BREAKING: Trump leaves White House

Published

on

Trump leaves

Outgoing US President Donald Trump has left the White House today, January 20, 2021.

Trump took off from the lawn of the White House in the company of his wife Melania.

The helicopter which conveyed the President took him around the premises of the White House to give him a final view before arriving at Joint Base Andrews.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

The event took place ahead of the inauguration of incoming President Joe Biden and incoming Vice President Kamala Harris.

Biden who defeated Trump at the US presidential election of November 3, 2020, will be sworn-in today at 17:00 GMT.

The event will not be attended by Trump who continues to maintain his claim that the election was stolen from him.

The inauguration will, however, be graced by the outgoing Vice President Mike Pence, Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell and other GOP leaders.

READ ALSO:

YouTube extends ban on Trump channel ahead of inauguration

BON Names Only Five Candidates For Preside

ntial DebateU.S Congress Confirms Biden’s Election Win; Certification Confirmed

Continue Reading

Naija News

YouTube extends ban on Trump channel ahead of inauguration

Published

on

YouTube ban

Google-owned YouTube on Tuesday confirmed it extended a ban on new video being added to US President Donald Trump’s channel due to the potential for inciting violence.

The weeklong suspension of uploading or streaming live video to Trump’s channel had been set to lift on the eve of President-elect Joe Biden taking the oath of office.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

“In light of concerns about the ongoing potential for violence, the Donald J. Trump channel will be prevented from uploading new videos or livestreams for an additional minimum of seven days,” YouTube said in response to an AFP inquiry.

“As we shared previously, comments will continue to be indefinitely disabled under videos from the channel.”

Trump’s access to the social media platforms he has used as a megaphone during his presidency has been largely cut off since a violent mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol in Washington DC on January 6.

Operators say the embittered leader could use his accounts to foment more unrest aimed at Biden’s inauguration on Wednesday.

YouTube last week suspended Trump’s channel “for at least seven days” and removed a video for violating its policy against inciting violence, joining other social media platforms in banning his accounts after the deadly Capitol riot.

Facebook suspended Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts following the violent invasion of the US Capitol, which temporarily disrupted the certification of Biden’s election victory.

In announcing the suspension, Facebook chief Mark Zuckerberg said Trump used the platform to incite violence and was concerned he would continue to do so. Twitter went a step further by deleting Trump’s account, depriving him of his favorite platform. It was already marking his tweets disputing the election outcome with warnings.

Trump also was hit with suspensions by services like Snapchat and Twitch.

READ ALSO:

House Democrats would impeach Trump for ‘incitement of insurrection’ – CNN

Trump shuns Biden as new President’s inauguration holds today

COVID-19: Technology firms summoned over ‘crackpot’ 5G conspiracies

Continue Reading

Naija News

FG to pay 24.3 million poor Nigerians N729bn, says minister

Published

on

poor Nigeria

The Federal Government on Tuesday said about 24.3 million poor Nigerians would get N5,000 each for a period of six months. This translates to N729bn within the six-month period.
Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Farouq, disclosed this at the inauguration of the Federal Government’s emergency intervention database for the urban poor.
A statement issued in Abuja by the minister’s aide, Nneka Anibeze, said the intervention would serve as cushion for those further impoverished by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The statement read in part, “According to records, about 24.3 million poor and vulnerable individuals were identified at the end of 2020 and registered into the National Social Register.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

“Each beneficiary will receive N5,000 for a period of six months.”

Farouq said the intervention database was needed to develop the capacity for rapid response to any emergency including natural or man-made disasters.

The minister said the Rapid Response Register was designed to rapidly identify, register and provide succour to people who were not previously captured in the social register.

Speaking on the RRR, the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, said the register deployed a wholly technology-based approach, adding that it was primed to achieve an end-to-end digital foot-print in cash transfers for the urban poor.

This, he said, would also help the government to achieve its financial inclusion policy under the Enhancing Financial Innovation and Access programme.

He said, “The groundbreaking success of the RRR now emboldens us to achieve our aspiration of a social security programme for a minimum of 20 million Nigerians in the next two years. This will be the largest of its kind on the continent.”

Osinbajo also hinted that the Federal Government would seek funding for the intervention programmes as the country deserved a social security scheme that would not only alleviate poverty but also create wealth for millions of those waiting for the opportunity.

READ ALSO:

More Nigerians to Benefit From National Social Investment Programmes – Umar Farouq

10,000 Protesters Defy Thai Crackdown After Emergency Decree

COVID-19: Adamawa bans gatherings of more than 50 people

 

Continue Reading
COVID-19 PREVENTION

infectious diseases in your community. It is very important to wash your hand frequently with soap under running water.

COVID-19 IS REAL

#COVID19NIGERIA Situation Report

The #COVID19Nigeria situation report for 21st July, 2020 has been published. Our daily reports provide a summary of the epidemiological situation & response activities in Nigeria

The #COVID19Nigeria situation report for 21st July, 2020 has been published. Our daily reports provide a summary of the epidemiological situation & response activities in Nigeria

@Africa CDC

The African Union and Africa CDC will virtually rollout the Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing (PACT) in Africa tomorrow 4 June, 2020 at 11.00 am Eastern Africa Time.

The African Union and Africa CDC will virtually rollout the Partnership to Accelerate COVID-19 Testing (PACT) in Africa tomorrow 4 June, 2020 at 11.00 am Eastern Africa Time.

GALLANT OFFICER

Gallant Officer
"Also found worthy of honour was Bashir Abubakar, an Asst Comptroller-General of Customs, who rejected a bribe of $412,000 per container offered him by drug traffickers seeking to bring 40 containers of Tramadol into Nigeria. A fine example of incorruptibility, worthy of emulation"

Currency Calculator

Currency Calculator

Amount
From :
To :

Trending