Connect with us

Education

Katsina School Attack Update

Published

on

Katsina School

Katsina state governor Aminu Bello Masari has confirmed that 333 students are still missing out of the total number of 839 students attacked at the Government Science Secondary School Kankara on Saturday night.
He made this known when a Federal Government delegation led by the Minister of Defence, Major General Bashir Salihi Magashi paid sympathy visit to Katsina State.

Follow Us on Instagram

The Governor said authorities are in contact with the parents of the missing students to inform security personnel whenever their children return home directly.
Governor Masari also said efforts are being intensified to secure the release of the missing students.

Read Also:

CBN Dealings: Court Okays Suit Seeking Details(Opens in a new browser tab)

Hoodlums Sets BRT Buses Ablaze in Lagos(Opens in a new browser tab)

Rema is the Second Most search Person In Nigeria(Opens in a new browser tab)

Lagos Based Cultists Arrested While Buying Guns in Ogun State(Opens in a new browser tab)

FG Pledges Support For SIFAX New Container Terminal(Opens in a new browser tab)

 

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

F.G. Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students from Taking WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB

Published

on

F.G. Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students from Taking WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB

The Federal Government has banned students in Senior Secondary School one and two from applying for and taking external West African Senior School Certificate Examination, the National Examination Council, and National Business and Technical Examinations Board.

This was revealed to AMILOADED in a circular issued by the Federal Ministry of Education to principals of federal unity schools.

It was titled in the circular with no: FME/DBSE/US/DOC/III/16 and signed by the ministry’s Director Senior Secondary Education, Hajia Binta Abdulkadir. The circular was confirmed by the Director of Press and Public Relations, Ben Bem Goong, on Friday.

Watch Our Youtube Videos
The government threatened to expel any SSS One and Two students who take the exams. This, the education ministry, said would help to maintain decorum and boost standards of education in schools.

Further mentioned that all students must write these examinations after they have been duly registered for the examination by the college.

Recall that students of Federal Unity College should adhere strictly to the content of this circular. And Principals are advised to bring the content of this circular to the knowledge of all parents of the college.

Read Also:

Nigerian Targets $6.2 Billion in Eurobond Issuance

Dealing With Bandits Easier Since Telecom Services Shutdown, Says Zamfara Commissioner

FG Increases TETFUND Research Grants to N8.5 Billion

Continue Reading

Education

Freed Bethel Students to Write Ongoing NECO Examination

Published

on

Freed Bethel Students to Write Ongoing NECO Examination

The Kaduna State Government said it will ensure that the freed students of the Bethel Baptist High School write the ongoing National Examinations Council (NECO) examinations.

A statement issued by the state Commissioner for Education, Shehu Mohammed, on Tuesday, said the state government was working with the council to ensure that those who registered write their examination at the nearest centre.

He also assured that the state government would do the needful to ensure the safe release of those children who were still being held by the kidnappers.

Follow us on Facebook

Recall that the kidnappers on July 5, 2021 invaded the Bethel Baptist High School, Maraban Damishi, in Chikun Local Government Area of the state and abducted the students.

The 28 students were released by the kidnappers on Sunday while a few others had earlier regained their freedom and another four escaped from the bandits’ hideout on Monday.

Read Also:

Kebbi Attack: Army Confirms Death of Student, Free Other Students, Teachers

Governor Masari Urges Investment in Youth Development to Tackle Insecurity

Continue Reading

Education

JAMB Suspends use of USSD Code to Check UTME Results, Issues New Directive

Published

on

JAMB Suspends use of USSD Code to Check UTME Results, Issues New Directive

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has suspended the use of USSD code to check the just released results of 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

JAMB which made this known in a statement issued by its spokesman, Dr Fabian Benjamin, on Saturday, said candidates are now expected to visit the Board’s website to access their results.

The exam body said the new results checking process was necessitated by the current challenges associated with the USSD code.

YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

It reads : “It has come to the attention of the Board that the result checking on USSD code 55019 is saddled with some challenges. Consequently, the Board hereby directs all candidates to visit JAMB portal to check for their 2021 UTME result. Each candidate is to follow this simple steps.

(a) Visit https://www.jamb.gov.ng
(b) On the menu bar, click on efacility
(c) On the page that shows up, click on UTME 2021 Main Results Notification Slip
(d) Enter your registration number and click the button Check My Result

“Candidates can check their results from anywhere there is internet access, checking by USSD code 55019 is suspended”.

Read Also:

Insecurity Suppressing Improved Agricultural Production says NESG

President Buhari Plans of Making Nigeria the Most Beautiful Place

Continue Reading

Trending