Connect with us

Newsroom

FG Explains Delay in Payment of MDAs’ October Salaries

Published

on

Salaries FG

The Federal Government on Monday attributed the delay in the payment of salaries in some Ministries, Departments and Agencies to the fact that the 2020 Budget was passed into law before the conclusion of negotiation on the new minimum wage and its consequential adjustment.

The Director of Information, Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Olawunmi Ogunmosunle, in a statement quoted the HOCS, Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan, as making the clarification.

Click to Watch Our YouTube Video

It said the provision made for salaries of some MDAs based on previous salaries that had been exhausted, hence the delay in the payment of October salaries of some workers.

The clarification came amidst rising tension among the affected federal workers.

Incase You Missed:

Federal Government Re-affirms Support for Okonjo-Iweala as Director General WTO

ASUU Strike: FG Agrees to Release N30bn Earned Academic Allowance to Lecturers

#EndSARS: FCTA Places ban on Protests in Abuja

Lagos Releases Resumption Dates for 2020/2021 School Session

Teleology Holdings Ltd pays $50 million non-refundable fee, set to acquire 9Mobile

Rice Production Has Increased by 1.2 Million Metric Tonnes –FG

FG Declares October 1, Public Holiday to Mark Nigeria’s 60th Independence Anniversary

Military Arrest 123 Suspects for Vandalism, Looting

Newsroom

Reps Urge FG To Secure Release Of Illegally Detained Nigerians Abroad

Published

on

Reps Urge FG To Secure Release Of Illegally Detained Nigerians Abroad

The House of Representatives on Thursday urged the Federal Government to intervene and secure the immediate release of Nigerians who are currently being detained illegally in the various prisons outside the country.

The House, in addition, urged the Federal Government to use diplomatic means to assist Nigerians who were wrongly convicted and were being detained in various prisons abroad.

Watch Our Youtube Videos

When a motion was put into voice vote by the Deputy Speaker, Hon Idris Wase, who presided over the plenary, it was unanimously supported by the members. The Committees on Foreign Affairs, Justice and Inter-Parliamentary Relations and Diaspora Affairs were mandated to ensure compliance.

Read Also:

Nigeria’s Govt. to Begin Airborne Geophysical Survey in 19 States September

NNPC Prepares for IPO, Says No More Losses

 

Continue Reading

Education

F.G. Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students from Taking WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB

Published

on

F.G. Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students from Taking WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB

The Federal Government has banned students in Senior Secondary School one and two from applying for and taking external West African Senior School Certificate Examination, the National Examination Council, and National Business and Technical Examinations Board.

This was revealed to AMILOADED in a circular issued by the Federal Ministry of Education to principals of federal unity schools.

It was titled in the circular with no: FME/DBSE/US/DOC/III/16 and signed by the ministry’s Director Senior Secondary Education, Hajia Binta Abdulkadir. The circular was confirmed by the Director of Press and Public Relations, Ben Bem Goong, on Friday.

Watch Our Youtube Videos
The government threatened to expel any SSS One and Two students who take the exams. This, the education ministry, said would help to maintain decorum and boost standards of education in schools.

Further mentioned that all students must write these examinations after they have been duly registered for the examination by the college.

Recall that students of Federal Unity College should adhere strictly to the content of this circular. And Principals are advised to bring the content of this circular to the knowledge of all parents of the college.

Read Also:

Nigerian Targets $6.2 Billion in Eurobond Issuance

Dealing With Bandits Easier Since Telecom Services Shutdown, Says Zamfara Commissioner

FG Increases TETFUND Research Grants to N8.5 Billion

Continue Reading

Newsroom

Buhari Approves Activities Mark Nigeria’s 61st Anniversary – Minister

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari Wishes Insurance Firms to Expand Services

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved activities lined up to mark Nigeria’s 61st independence anniversary.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, stated this at a news conference on Friday in Abuja.

The minister was represented by Dr Ifeoma Anyanwutaku, Permanent Secretary in the ministry.

Mohammed said the anniversary was for Nigerians to appreciate efforts of the country’s forbearers at gaining independence from the colonial masters. He also said it was to appreciate the contributions of successive administrations toward building the country.

Watch Our Youtube Videos

“This press conference, therefore, will signpost the beginning of activities for the 2021 celebration.
Adding that “As you are aware, we are just about rounding off activities marking the 60th year-long Diamond Jubilee Independence Anniversary celebration, which will terminate on Sept. 30.

Read Also:

Go Back to Work, Ngige Urges Doctors

ICPC, DSS, NSC, Others Set Up Task Team Against Corruption at Ports

Continue Reading

Trending